Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thanks to school, R-E-L-A-X is a word I'll never learn to pronounce.

I think I have grown too used to school. I bet on the first monday (I feel this utterly forsaken day of the week is unworthy of my capitalization) of summer, I'll wake up early, eat breakfast, and walk to the bus stop. Then, after hours of waiting for a bus that will never come, I'll realize it's summer.

School's worked me to the BONE. Knowing my luck (or lack of thereof) I honestly doubt I'll be able to accept the glorious fact that I'll have every day off of school for the next three months untill the day school starts back up.

Every time I ask myself if there's something I want to do over the summer, it goes something like this:

Voice #1: Hey! You should go to the park tonight with some friends and catch fireflies!

Voice #2: I can't, I have school tommorrow, and besides, I don't have friends.

Voice #1: Dude, it's summer.

Voice #2: SERIOUSLY?!?!

Voice #1: *sigh* Yes, it's summer. That means you can stay up as late as you want.

Voice #2: What am I supposed to do about the friends thing?

Voice #1:...

Voice #2: Um, hello? Are you there?

Voice #1: You know, I'll get back to you on that one. Maybe. Just scroll the Facebook newsfeed untill something happens.

And now you know what the conversations between my voices sound like. And what my summers are like.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. You have NO IDEA. And check out today's post. I have some good ideas for those idiots at BP who are ruining the wildlife (I am a very huge patron of ecology and conservation). Also, I responded to Athulya's criticism about the Jeopardy! bit.

    -F

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannah u have me... >.> but then again i might eat the fireflies!! x3 jk... maybe..

    ReplyDelete