Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Hey, Where's the trash?" "Over there" -points to cheerleaders

First I want to say no hate to cheerleaders as a whole, and am actually friends with some, but our Varsity squad at the first football game of the season seemed particularly skanky. I have little to hold against cheerleaders, seeing as I tried out last year (Note: Falling flat on your butt will not land you a spot on the squad), so saying I hate them ALL would just be dumb.

"Oh, Hannah, it can't be THAT BAD."

Oh, Reader, yes it was.

Looking at the big picture, it made the average Miley Cyrus performance look like some skit on Sesame Street, and not one of the unintentionally perverted ones, either.

When you go to look at the little details, you'll notice they're wearing sailor costumes. EFFING SAILOR COSTUMES. Effing sailor costumes that were shorter than the shorts on the sixth graders behind us who were trying to be cool by wearing denim unders. Which, by the way, is disgusting and impresses no one, because you ALL LOOK THE FRICKING SAME.

Next thing you see is that they're not really dancing. They're just like... Jumping. And squealing and performing a lot of unorganized arm-flailery for no real reason. At these point, one of my cheerleader friends said, "If they ever make us do something like this... I'm not doing it."

The only reason I actually watched the rest of the performance is because our school has a very skilled Michael Jackson impersonator and he was dancing in front of all of the cheerleaders. I only knew he came on because everyone was cheering. The way my school works, you would figure someone like, pantsed a football player or something, but it turns out the Michael impersonator had come out from nowhere (people just kept falling from the sky. I say this with all seriousness.).

The rest, I don't really feel like recounting. It just made me very ashamed to be female.

Anyway, the way I'm making this blog is because it's almost 5 AM and I have an auditon for Hairspray tomorrow for which I must be up at 8 AM, and I can't sleep. My brain is just in far too talkative a mood, so I chose to take it out on you. You're welcome.

What was that?

Did I just start dozing of a tad?

I believe so!!

G'night, friends!

1 comment:

  1. We don't have cheerleaders in Ireland? xD

    And good luck with your audition :)

    ReplyDelete